We are looking to fill the position as Facilities Supervisor.
The deadline for applications addressed to the general manager is Wednesday 1st of March 2017 AT 5pm. Please forward your cv and cover letter to Tom O’Rourke at The Organic Centre, Rossinver, Co. Leitrim.
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSONNEL SPECIFICATION
Position Title: Facilities Supervisor (visitor gardens, community garden, polytunnels)
Purpose & Function of Post:
The Facilities Supervisor’s position is pivotal in the organisation, in the planning and management of the gardens and visitor centre to achieve the following objectives throughout the year:
- To plan, supervise and implement a programme of works (including garden production) in relation to internal and external maintenance of the gardens and visitor centre
- To provide supervision and instruction to contract gardening staff, students, work placements, community gardeners and volunteers
- To ensure that health and safety systems and procedures are adhered to at all times by staff, contract gardening staff, relevant work placements and volunteers
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Contract gardening staff, work placements in the garden, community gardeners and volunteers
Personnel Specification Essential Requirements:
- Horticultural experience (preferable organic)
- Good computer skills (excel)
- Ability to supervise a team
- Ability to organise time and resources
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of Health and Safety as applicable to machinery; lifting and working in a horticultural setting
- Willingness to develop skills through further professional training
- Willingness to do weekend work
- Commitment to the aims and ethos of The Organic Centre
- To plan, supervise and implement a growing and production programme for The Organic Centre in cooperation with the training manager and staff
- To coordinate maintenance work in the gardens in consultation with the manager and the maintenance staff.
- To provide supervision and instruction to contract gardening staff, work placements, students and volunteers
- To create a weekly work plan for contract gardening staff, work placements, students and volunteers in consultation with general manager, training manager and staff.
- To provide practical instruction, demonstration and supervision to the above personnel.
- To agree and manage the facilities budget in consultation with the general manager
- To maintain adequate records of growing and production plan
- To ensure that health and safety systems and procedures are adhered to at all times by staff, contract gardening staff, work placements, students and volunteers
- To manage waste at the Centre in accordance with Centre Waste Management Policy.
- To assist in course and event coordination and in the planning and presentation of open days and events.
- To use his or her experience and knowledge to the benefit of students, staff and visitors.
- To be willing to undertake training to enhance skills and professional development.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties when required