- What's New
- Courses & Training
- Shop online
- Seed Catalogue
- Garlic, Onions and Shallots
- Seed Potatoes
- Vegetable Plants
- Courses & Training
- Garden Sundries
- Gardening Tools
- Irish Organic Herb Tinctures
- Kitchen equipment and more
- Pest Control
- Wheat Grass
- One World Irish Aid Project
- Free Community Garden Guide
- Local Accommodation
- Web Links
- News Archive
- Sign in
What We Do
Our aim is to promote organic gardening and sustainable living through training, demonstration and the provision of information. From very humble beginnings in 1995, we have developed our services to include:
Demonstration organic gardens with 7 polytunnels, an orchard, outdoor gardens, ornamental beds and a woodland.
Special event days take place throughout the year to demonstrate organic gardening skills and encourage families and individuals to grow their own food
- A full time, FETAC accredited Level 5 certificate course in Organic Horticulture training students in the skills of small scale commercial organic vegetable and fruit production
A menu of weekend courses covering organic vegetable and fruit production outside and in polytunnels, sustainable living courses including alternative energy, sustainable self-build, cookery and a range of traditional crafts.
Many of our weekend courses run in outreach centres in Clare and Wicklow, with additional outreach centres being developed.
Co-ordinating and supporting Community Gardens and School Gardens on both sides of the border.
Supporting new Community Gardens through the free download of our 'How to set up a Community Food Project' Guide
Bringing people together from both sides of the border and the community to learn and garden together
- Operating a Green-Organic-Help-Line providing information over the 'phone wherever possible to support small scale growers. (This help line is totally unfunded!)
- An onsite eco-shop and online sales of organic seeds, high quality gardening tools, informative reference books on organic gardening and for healthy eating.
Up to 2000 adults and many children learn the skills of organic gardening through our courses and community gardens every year, and many more are inspired by our work to move to a more organic, sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
We want to increase this number, and are continually developing our courses and product range to meet the needs of people who have moved to a healthier lifestyle or who want to find out how.
We gratefully acknowledge the assistance of our funders over the years, who have made much of our progress possible. However, while funders assist us in delivery of specific projects, our core staff rely on the income from our commercial activities and the support of our Friends.
If you would like to help us promote the organic way of life and preserve our natural environment please sign up as a Friend.
We promise you your contribution will not be wasted!
The Organic Centre Ltd is a registered non-profit taking Company Limited by Guarantee. Company Registered No.233736, at Companies Registration Office, Parnell Square, Dublin 1. The Company has Charitable Status (CHY 11547). Organic Trust Symbol Holder: No. 151.