Facilities Supervisor position
Purpose & Function of Post:
The Facilities Supervisor’s position is pivotal in the organisation, in the planning and management of the gardens and visitor centre to achieve the following objectives throughout the year:
- To plan, supervise and implement a programme of works (including garden production) in relation to internal and external maintenance of the gardens and visitor centre
- To provide supervision and instruction to contract gardening staff, students, work placements, community gardeners and volunteers
- To ensure that health and safety systems and procedures are adhered to at all times by staff, contract gardening staff, relevant work placements and volunteers
Responsible to: General Manager
Responsible for: Contract gardening staff, work placements in the garden, community gardeners and volunteers
Personnel Specification Essential Requirements:
- Horticultural experience (preferable organic)
- Good computer skills (excel)
- Ability to supervise a team
- Ability to organise time and resources
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Understanding of Health and Safety as applicable to machinery; lifting and working in a horticultural setting
- Willingness to develop skills through further professional training
- Willingness to do weekend work
- Commitment to the aims and ethos of The Organic Centre
- To plan, supervise and implement a growing and production programme for The Organic Centre in cooperation with the training manager and staff
- To coordinate maintenance work in the gardens in consultation with the manager and the maintenance staff.
- To provide supervision and instruction to contract gardening staff, work placements, students and volunteers
- To create a weekly work plan for contract gardening staff, work placements, students and volunteers in consultation with general manager, training manager and staff.
- To provide practical instruction, demonstration and supervision to the above personnel.
- To agree and manage the facilities budget in consultation with the general manager
- To maintain adequate records of growing and production plan
- To ensure that health and safety systems and procedures are adhered to at all times by staff, contract gardening staff, work placements, students and volunteers
- To manage waste at the Centre in accordance with Centre Waste Management Policy.
- To assist in course and event coordination and in the planning and presentation of open days and events.
- To use his or her experience and knowledge to the benefit of students, staff and visitors.
- To be willing to undertake training to enhance skills and professional development.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties when required
Closing date March 29th
Enquiries to Tom O Rourke- General Manager- 0719854338
or email firstname.lastname@example.org