Organic Blue Cornflower Centaurea Cyanus (100 seeds)
- Sow outdoors, March-May or August-October, where they are to flower, 0.5cm (¼") deep, directly into finely-prepared, well-drained soil, which has already been watered.
- Seedlings usually appear in 14-28 days.
- Thin seedlings to 20cm (8") apart. Water well until plants are established.
- Cornflowers have an upright posture that helps them fit in tight spaces.Spread throughout the garden, as cornflower nectar is unusually sweet, and thus a preferred food source for many beneficial insects.
- For a continuous display, make sowings at two to three-week intervals.
- Sowings made in curves, rather than straight lines, often create a more pleasing effect.
- Flowers: June-September.
- Late summer and autumn sowings will flower the following year, often earlier than spring sowings.