- What's New
- Courses & Training
- Shop online
- Seed Catalogue
- Garlic, Onions and Shallots
- Seed Potatoes
- Vegetable Plants
- Courses & Training
- Garden Sundries
- Gardening Tools
- Irish Organic Herb Tinctures
- Kitchen equipment and more
- Pest Control
- Wheat Grass
- One World Irish Aid Project
- Free Community Garden Guide
- Local Accommodation
- Web Links
- News Archive
- Sign in
Harvest Feast and Apple Day Sunday 28th September! Plan your organic garden for next year (course 20/9), learn about "Natural remedies for the Winter" (course 20/9).
- We have just added a new course with food business consultant Oonagh Monahan on Saturday 8th November 2014: "Essentials for Starting Your Own Small Food Business". (Also see What's new)
- Due to public demand we have added another "Fermented and Cultured Foods" course on Saturday 27th September.
- "From sourdough bread to chapatis - introduction to breads around the world" has been changed to Saturday 8th November.
- The Eco building course on October 5th is cancelled.
NEW: Freshly pressed apple juice now available in our shop.
Manual Wheatgrass Juicers available to buy online, go to shop online -Wheatgrass!
The Organic Centre is now open to the public from Tuesday to Sunday 10am - 5pm. (Closed Mondays)
The Grass Roof Cafe is open to the public Saturdays and Sundays 10am -4pm.
Our course programme is in full swing and you can also shop on-line, by mail-order email@example.com or by telephone 071-9854338.
Our 2014 course programme and seed catalogue is available for download Here!
Welcome to our 2014 programme,
The Organic Centre is probably the best hedge school for self-sufficiency and food empathy (the deeper understanding of food and where it comes from - the theme of the 2013 GIY - Grow-it-yourself - Gathering).
"Spend a day or more at one of the many courses here - discovering wild foods:making stone walls;understanding nutrition, maybe come for their Potato Day 0r the Apple Day - and you come away feeling not just empowered, but distinctly wiser. Something in your head and your heart will have been skilled up by the wise instructors and lecturers, the feeling that the natural world is your ally, your companion, your collaborator." (The McKennas' Guides)
We welcome back our popular seaweed walks and talks and eco-building courses, our gardening courses have been extended with masterclasses on organic weed management and pest and disease control, they are also even more practical and have been revised incorporating feedback from participants. All the favourite courses on growing in polytunnels, cheese making, fermentation sourdough baking are back.
Watch out for our family programme and week-long summer camps for children in August.
We hope you like our programme of courses and the selection of our organic seeds and we ask for your continued support of out work.
best wishes from all The Organic Centre Team
The Organic Centre is licensed by The Organic Trust, license No. 151. Valid until 31/12/2014