200g covers 50m2
Sow months: March-June
Organic matter forage with high protein. Fast growing N fixer.
- They suit light sandy acid soils but will tolerate most situations.
- Very long tap roots that dredge up minerals. (Lupins fix 25% more free nitrogen than clovers and 28% more than peas and beans).
- The long roots also help to break up and aerate heavier soils.
- Will increase the moisture retention properties of the soil due to the large amount of bulk produced - both leaf and root.
- Part of the legume family.
- Can be used for fodder.
- Lupins produce beautiful blue/white flowers but it is best to dig it in and cut down before they flower