The Little Book of Wild Flowers is a highly visual and photographic guide to the most common species found in Britain and Europe and the wildlife that depends upon them.
• Produced in association with Plantlife – a British conservation charity working nationally and internationally to save threatened wild flowers, plants and fungi.
• Know your ox-eye daisies from your orchids, and your bugles from your bluebells – this beautiful book features over 50 common British and European wild flowers along with photographs and information about 130 more
• Brush up on your nature knowledge – each page is packed with information including where each species is likely to grow, when it flowers, what size it grows to, what its leaves look like, and what wildlife you will find feeding there
• A delightful spotter’s guide for the whole family – children will delight in learning about the wild flowers that they can spot in gardens, parks and the countryside. The book also reinforces key science and nature topics that are taught at school with simple and clear explanations of the most important botanical processes
• Conservation conscious – this book introduces children to the natural environment around them and encourages them to preserve the planet’s plants and wildlife
• Great gift – an absolute must-have for children who love nature and the outdoors and for parents who want to learn at the same time